kin of mumbai attack victims welcome

Relatives of victims of the 2008 Mumbai attack victims on Wednesday welcomed the execution of the lone surviving attacker, Ajmal Kasab, saying justice has been finally delivered. In Varanasi, Sunita Yadav, wife of victim Upendra Yadav, expressed her gratitude to the authorities for carrying out the execution.

Daily Bollywood News:Bipasha Basu - Bollywood will remain a hero-centric business

Women are active in show business like never before, but will they surpass the status Bollywood heroes enjoy? Never, says Bipasha Basu, who feels there is minimum opportunity for female actors in the Hindi film industry

WWE Raw Videos

WWE Raw News, wwe raw videos

Cricket News

Latest Cricket News, Live Cricket Scores, Cricket Videos, Cricket Photos..

Monday, December 12, 2011

Kollywood Superstar: Rajinikanth Turns 62



Kollywood superstar Rajinikanth, also known as 'Thalaivar' among his fans, is celebrating his 62nd birthday on Monday. Rajinikanth does everything in style and his birthday plan is supposedly grander than it may seem.

Apparently through Rajinikanth Narpani Iyakkam (Welfare Movement), 20-25 fans will be selected from each district of Tamil Nadu who will on Monday meet the superstar, reports say.

Famous for his style statements, Rajinikanth's fans want 'December 12' to be better known as 'World Style Day'. Months ago, a fan proposed the idea on the wall of Rajinikanth fan page on Facebook.

The actor, with at least 150 movies to his credit, was honoured with the Padma Bhushan Award in the year 2000.

Meanwhile, his some of fans are reportedly planning a lavish bash for the superstar's birthday, some Rajini fan clubs will be starting an online campaign reportedly asking Madame Tussauds to have a waxwork of the star.

The actor has been keeping a low profile after facing health-related problems during the shooting of his upcoming movie Rana, earlier this year.

After his 2010 sci-fi Enthiran (Robot), a blockbuster at the box office, Rajini was last seen in Shah Rukh Khan's Ra.One in a cameo.

We wish the superstar a very happy birthday!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Latest Sports News: Poonia wins gold in Portland - Discus Thrower

Poonia wins gold

Commonwealth Games gold medallist Krishna Poonia on Thursday won gold in women's discus throw event in the Harvest Throw Meet in Portland, United States.

Poonia came up with her season's best throw of 59.39m but her effort fell short of 2012 London Olympics qualification 'B' standard of 59.50m.

She began with 59.39m before her next two efforts were foul throws. She could not improve upon her first attempt mark as she came up with 59.29m, 59.37m and 59.22m in her last three efforts.

Poonia expressed confidence that she would qualify for the Olympics in her next two meets coming up in the United States.

"I am happy to win gold medal and has full confidence to throw 61 to 62 meter in coming events. I was feeling little bit nervous today because of the knee problem I had a couple of months back," she said.

Poonia has been training at the Throws Centre at Concordia University at Oregon, Portland since July under the guidance of former Olympic champion Mac Wilkins.

Daily News: SC disappoints us, say families of Uphaar victims



Disappointing the families who lost their loved ones in the 1997 Uphaar Cinema fire incident, the Supreme Court on Thursday slashed the compensation awarded to the victims of the tragedy. Compensation to the families of deceased older than 20 years has been cut from Rs 18 lakh to Rs 10 lakh each, while for those below 20 years of age, compensation has been reduced from Rs 15 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh.

The apex court said that that the responsibility lies with the Ansals and the Delhi Vidyut Board (DVB). The Ansals have been told to pay 85 per cent of the compensation, while the DVB will have to pay 15 per cent of the compensation.

The punitive damages imposed by the Delhi High Court on Ansals has also been reduced from Rs 2.5 crore to Rs 25 lakh.

"They have reduced punitive damages from 2.5 crores to 25 lakhs. 25 lakh is nothing for corporates. I fail to understand how this puny amount will will discourage corporates in the future," said Navin Sahni, family member of a victim.

The apex court also ruled that the MCD and Delhi Police, the licencing authority, cannot be held responsible for the tragedy.

"We have already lost everything. We have nothing else to lose. The MCD should have been made liable. People will continue to die in such tragedies and passing the buck will go on," said Neelam Krishnamurthy, family member of another victim.

However, MCD lawyer Sanjeev Sen said, "Total quantum of compensation awarded by the HC to the victims has been maintained. But the liability of MCD in this whole episode has been set aside and so has of the Delhi Police, which is the licensing authority."

"The stand of the MCD was always that we were not liable, we complied with all the statutory obligations. We had made timely reports, pointed out illegal constructions," said Sen.

With the Supreme Court order, it appears that the civil litigation is over in the case. Now the petitioners will push for criminal proceedings, asking for a higher quantum of punishment, fine and compensation.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Daily news: Ban lifted on Samsung Galaxy tablet... but did Apple mislead court with 'squashed' photo of rival device?

Samsung can sell its latest iPad rival in most of Europe again after a German court yesterday lifted most of an injunction it had imposed at Apple's request.

But just hours after the ban was lifted, Apple faced accusations of misrepresenting the Galaxy Tab's similarity to its iPad in a legal document that helped gain the original injunction.

A comparison image taken from page 28 of a filing made by Apple's lawyers featured a 'squashed' picture of the Galaxy Tab that looks identical in size and shape to the iPad.

In reality, the Galaxy Tab is far narrower than the iPad.



Misleading? This comparison image taken from legal papers filed by Apple's lawyers featured a 'squashed' picture of the Galaxy Tab that looks identical in size and shape to the iPad



Apple had said Samsung's Galaxy line of mobile phones and tablets 'slavishly' copied the iPhone and iPad. It has sued in the U.S., Australia and elsewhere.

But a Dusseldorf regional court yesterday said it was questionable whether its authority extended to international companies operating outside Germany, so it restricted a preliminary ban imposed last week on Samsung Electronics to Germany.

Samsung's Galaxy Tab line of tablet computers is considered the most credible alternative to Apple's iPad, which has taken the market by storm, selling about 30million since its launch a year and a half ago.

Apple and others have moved aggressively to defend their intellectual property in maturing markets, especially against Google's Android software platform, on which the new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet is built.

Android, a latecomer to the mobile market, has become a target by rapidly turning into the world's most popular smartphone platform.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Google is relatively defenceless because it owns few wireless patents, in contrast to older rivals.

However, Google yesterday announced a deal to buy Motorola Mobility, the descendant company of cellular phone pioneer Motorola, for $12.5billion, largely for its vast patent library.

The Dusseldorf court said its ban still applied to Germany, and also to the German unit of Samsung, Samsung GmbH, throughout the European Union.

A hearing in the case is now due next week.



Samsung said in a statement: 'We look forward to the opportunity to reassert our intellectual property rights at the hearing scheduled on August 25.'
Samsung has been locked in a battle with Apple over smartphone and tablet patents since April.

The Galaxy gadgets are seen as among the biggest challengers to Apple's mobile devices, which have achieved runaway success.

In Australia, Samsung has agreed to show Apple an Australian version of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 one week before its launch there, a Samsung spokesman said.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2G Scam hot news : Raja opposes hearing of arguments from July 21

Raja opposes hearing of arguments from July 21


NEW DELHI: Former Telecom Minister A Raja and former Telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura , arrested for their alleged roles in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, today opposed a Delhi court's schedule to begin hearing arguments on framing of charges against them from tomorrow.

The duo opposed the scheduled commencement of arguments by Special CBI Judge O P Saini from July 21, saying it should be slated to a later date after filing of the third chargesheet in the case.

They sought the postponement contending that completion of the probe is a pre-requisite for beginning of arguments on the charges.

Contending that Raja and other accused allegedly involved in the 2G scam were questioned by the CBI on July 18 in Patiala House court complex, the former minister's counsel argued this shows the probe is still on.

"Raja was illegally interrogated by CBI which shows investigation is on. Under what provision did the court allow CBI to quiz him if the probe had been completed?" asked senior counsel Ramesh Gupta appearing for Raja.

Gupta said before commencing arguments on framing of charges prosecution must make a specific statement before the court that their investigation is complete.

Counsel for Behura submitted that hearing of arguments on charges should begin only after CBI files its third charge sheet.

The court had yesterday decided to commence arguments on framing of charges in the case from July 21 after the agency and the defence counsel had submitted that the supply of documents, annexed with the two charge sheets in the case, has been completed.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Earthquake in New Delhi Today. 6.0 Magnitude Earthquake hit the India-Nepal border.

New Delhi: An earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hit the India-Nepal border today.



The tremors were also felt in Delhi.

More details are awaited.

Monday, March 14, 2011

SNAP SHOT - Developments after major Japan earthquake- video



(Reuters) - Following are main developments after a massive earthquake struck northeast Japan on Friday and set off a tsunami.

Death toll expected to exceed 10,000 from the quake and tsunami, public broadcaster NHK says. About 2,000 bodies found on two shores of Miyagi prefecture, Kyodo news agency reports.
Japan battles to prevent nuclear catastrophe. A hydrogen explosion jolts the No. 3 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo. Operator Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) (9501.T) says 11 people were injured.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano
says the core container at the reactor is intact and the explosion is unlikely to have produced a large escape of radioactivity.

Before the blast, officials said 22 people had suffered radiation contamination. Up to 190 may have been exposed.

Experts pursue efforts to cool down three reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi plant. Experts say the use of seawater in this operation is unprecedented.

Nuclear safety agency rates the incident a 4 on the 1 to 7 International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale, less serious than Three Mile Island, a 5, and Chernobyl at 7.

U.S. warships and planes helping relief efforts have moved away from Japan's Pacific coast temporarily because of low-level radiation.

Authorities have set up a 20-km (12-mile) exclusion zone around the Fukushima Daiichi plant and a 10-km (6 mile) zone around Fukushima Daini.

Strong aftershocks persist in the stricken area.
About 450,000 people evacuated nationwide in addition to 80,000 from the exclusion zone around the nuclear power plants. Almost 2 million households are without power in the freezing north and about 1.4 million households have no running water.

Reactor operator says rolling blackout to affect 3 million customers, including large factories, buildings and households.

Japan's Nikkei share index falls more than 6 percent, dragging European stocks to their lowest in three months.

The Bank of Japan (BoJ) offers to pump a record $85 billion into the banking system.
Credit Suisse estimates the loss at between 14 trillion yen and 15 trillion yen just to the quake region.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Hot Bollywood News: Now Priyanka's sister to enter Bollywood

priyanka chopra and parineeti chopra

Priyanka Chopra's first cousin, Parineeti Chopra couldn't have asked for more. She has been signed in Yash Raj Films' next LADIES V/S RICKY BAHL, to be directed by BAND BAAJA BAARAAT fame Maneesh Sharma. Parineeti has been a part of the marketing team of Yash Raj Films.

Priyanka is ecstatic with the news. "Yes, Parineeti Chopra is my sister. This is the first time Yash Raj Films has launched someone in such a way. I am very happy YRF has signed her. She is a part of YRF's marketing department. In fact, she had worked on my own film PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE. I think it was one of her first films."

Being one of the leading actress, does Priyanka have any tips for the newcomer? "I think I will call her and do that," says Priyanka with a wry smile.

Parineeti will be one of the "ladies" who falls prey to the smooth talking guile of Ricky Bahl. LADIES V/S RICKY BAHL stars Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma in lead roles. The shooting starts early-April and plans to be in theatres on 9th Dec 2011, the same weekend BAND BAAJA BAARAAT released.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mandira bedi, Raj Kaushal expecting a first baby



Cricket’s sexiest female anchor Mandira Bedi is back in the news but for a very cute reason. Her husband, producer Raj Kaushal and she are expecting their first baby close to 11 years after they got married.

It was meant to be a secret but what gave Mandira away was a dress. She was spotted at the calendar launch of Gold’s Gym in Bandra on Monday night, in an outfit that revealed a slight baby bump. She came for a very brief while and was very careful with her movements.

While Mandira did not return our calls, a source close to her confirmed the news. “Yes, Raj and Mandira are set to become parents.

Since it’s just the second trimester, they don’t want to talk about it at the moment. The baby is due some time in June.”

Mandira’s plans of anchoring the Cricket World Cup stay. “These are early days with most people - especially the viewers - won’t have the slightest inkling that she’s expecting,” added the source.

Bollywood divas Priyanka and Katrina are 'tax-free' now

Bollywood divas Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif both made public appearances on Thursday, their 1st since the I-T raids on their residences on Monday.

Bollywood divas Priyanka and Katrina

While Katrina is present at a Bandra Bookstore for the launch of a novel by Pritish Nandy and Kamala Das, Priyanka attended an award show at the MMRDA grounds at Bandra Kurla Complex.

Both actresses seemed to have found their stride and their voice, hitting out against the several unconfirmed news doing the rounds about claims of spectacular seizures made by the I-T department.

Agency reports on Thursday indicated that an unaccounted Rs 6 crore had been found at Priyanka Chopra's residence. Reacting almost immediately, a spokesperson of the actress said, "We deny the many malicious rumours being spread into the media on the basis of some unidentified sources.

We are extending all cooperation to the Income Tax authorities in their ongoing investigations and are restraining ourselves from commenting any further on the issue pending completion of the investigative process."

A senior I-T official told Mumbai Mirror that while prima facie there were definitely some doubts about some documents which indicated that an amount close to Rs 6 crore could be unaccounted for, it be much too early to categorically declare it tax evasion.

"First of all, no unaccounted cash was seized from her residence. And if there are some purchases - or documents related to some purchases - which were detected and there is no immediate clarity about the source of funds for them, the matter will have to be investigated further.

Even Priyanka will be set a chance to prove bona fides. This is an ongoing process and we cannot jump to conclusions at this point," said the official.

Earlier in the day, a terse statement was issued by Katrina Kaif's chartered accountants. "A search was conducted by the Income Tax Dept at the residence of my client Ms Katrina Kaif. My client is disturbed by the speculative reports circulating in the media to she has disclosed unaccounted income running into crores and unaccounted lockers were found.

The fact of the matter is that no unaccounted income has been declared by her. Katrina is fully cooperating with the IT Dept, whom she holds in high regard," the statement said.